Sunday, April 1, 2012

Palm Sunday

            Church was so great this morning.  During communion, the adult choir sang several songs and at one point, the choir director started getting really into and began dancing super joyfully.  The congregation cheered and several members got up and joined the choir to dance, sing, and clap.  Other members went up to give more offerings.  It was the most joyful, happy, beautiful celebration I’ve ever seen in response to the Lord’s Supper.
            Stone is the sweetest oldest brother I have ever known.  He’s eleven and is constantly carrying his eight-month baby brother, Jefter, around.  I was holding Jefter yesterday when he started crying, and the moment I passed him off to Stone, he calmed down.  Jefter is the chubbiest, hugest eight month old baby ever (my nephew may have come close to his size, but I’m not sure) and Stone must be getting an amazing workout from carting him around all day long.   
            The plan for this afternoon was to go to Dream Valley, a lodge nearby that has these amazing pools and even some water slides.  Of course, today was the one day it’s rained all day long.  The Birners, Rachel and I still went with the hopes of it clearing up, but it didn’t.  We shivered in the pool for a little while and played bocce ball while huddling under towels and umbrellas, but finally had to call it quits.  It did not feel like I was in Africa.  Even now as I write this in I’m in sweatpants and a sweatshirt.   
            Other than that, I drank lots of coffee, watched a movie, and did a little more planning for the week.  It was a low-key, relaxing day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment