Friday, April 27, 2012

Picture Time

            I taught Stone, Given, and Obey this morning.  We did some new worksheets that they were really excited about.  For English, only two ladies were able to come so they had some very personal tutoring today.  It was a good morning overall.
            We went into town for some groceries after lunch.  I realized how much I’ve adjusted to my life here.  On the ride in, Rachel and I were commenting to each other on how nice the bus was, how spacious it was, and how polite the call boy was (the guy who runs up the street and tries to get you on the bus).  Then I realized that there were five people wedged into the back seat.  The woman next to me was practically sitting on top of me.  The ceiling used to be white but is much closer to a dark brown color now.  If I was in that situation in America, I would not have been using the words “nice” or “spacious.”  But here, it was like driving in a limousine because it was just so much better than the typical minibus ride. 
            I played kickball with the kids in the afternoon and entertained them for quite a while by taking pictures of them afterwards.  The boys pushed and jumped on top of each other to be in the pictures before I got it somewhat under control.  They begged me, “Please, Miss Erika, one more!  Me with Barnabas, please?”  Then the other fifteen boys would wait until right before I took the picture and jump in front of the lens.   It’ll be nice to have seventy-five blurry pictures of them to remember them by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment