Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Malawi vs. Zambia Sports Day

            We had some more fun getting to know the Malawi missionaries today.  This morning I played kickball with the kids and then we all went over to the Birner’s for volleyball, bocce ball, ping-pong, and delicious food.  Kickball with all the Zambian kids is always interesting because it proves how kids are the same in every country.  The social structures are basically the same.  The boys make fun of each other, especially when a girl gets them out, etc. 
            I’ve enjoyed talking to the people from Malawi and hearing about their mission work there.  It’s amazing to me all the things that are going on over here that I’ve never heard about.  The medical mission is very interesting, and even though my brother-in-law’s brother’s wife (think about it…it makes sense) was a medical missionary, I knew very little about it beforehand. 
            Hmm…what else happened today?  Rachel and I went on a hunt for Internet minutes, and while walking around got a ridiculous amount of attention.  Depending on our mood, the attention is either annoying, creepy, friendly, or kind of an ego-booster. 
            Sorry about the skimpy blogs lately – I waited until it was too late to start typing this and now I just want to sleep.  I’ll do better tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment