Thursday, April 26, 2012

"The Grey"

            This morning just Bertha showed up for tutoring at first.  We were working hard and were all settled in when Given and Obey showed up.  So I did some quick work and was able to teach all of them at the same time.  Given and Obey are doing so great still.  Given refuses to let me give him any help.  When he knows how to say something in English, like, “Good morning.  How are you?” (which, until a few weeks ago, was quite advanced for him) he makes sure to say it so I can hear him.  He’s so proud of everything he’s accomplished in the past couple months. 
            English went well.  Sarah is so fun to work with.  She doesn’t speak English as well as some of my other ladies, but she has no shame and tries as hard as she can.  She’s a great student to have because she is not afraid of making a mistake and has a hilarious sense of humor.  She’s quite the contrast to one of my other ladies.  This one writes nearly perfect English and I know understands everything I say, yet she hates making mistakes and therefore often refuses to ever give an answer.  Despite the other ladies encouraging her and almost even scolding her, unless she is positive that what she is saying is correct, she will not answer. 
            I was blown away when Barnabas was able to read a “Clifford” book today almost perfectly.  He is like a sponge.  I never have to repeat myself.  I am blessed with such awesome students to work with!  Their motivation and desire to improve makes my job so easy. 
            We went to dinner and a movie tonight with Dave, Dee, and Professor Cherney.  We saw “The Grey,” which you should not see if you are afraid of flying or being attacked by wolves.   

No comments:

Post a Comment