Friday, April 13, 2012

BRR!!!

            More preparations for the upcoming conferences today.  My teaching today was very limited – Given was the only one to show up, so we just read some stories for a while.  I had my laptop, and he wanted to look at it, so I showed him some pictures of snow.  He was really interested by that, and then he wanted to see pictures of my family.  He was disappointed when it was time to be done.  Right after tutoring, Pastor Phiri came over to tell us not to have English class because the ladies had to go with their kids to get their report cards from the schools today.  Big day – the cumulative tests at the end of each trimester is a really big deal here.
            So when we found out we had English off, we decided to try to be productive.  We printed out our handouts for our in-service tomorrow and went to get the projector.  While doing that, we met Alisad, a super nice guy who does work with the clinic in Mwubejhe (I have no idea how to spell that).  He was so friendly and so interesting to talk to.  I loved hearing about the work they do educating people on health issues.
            Later, we helped Anne make beds over at the guest house and then went to choir.  After that, we had dinner at the Mathiaks with Anne, the pastors from Cameroon, and Pastor Weiser, who is from Washington!  That was a fun surprise – he was wearing an Evergreen T-shirt that I have myself. 
            Tomorrow is our in-service meeting.  We’re hoping for a good turnout from the teachers at Kaunda Square and Matero.   I'm praying it warms up again - I was shivering all day!  What a dramatic drop from just yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment