Friday, March 2, 2012

A Relaxing Friday

                Today was a pretty quiet day.  I got up, made some coffee, worked out (but no running – I think I pulled a muscle in my foot from my long run on Tuesday), and then pretty much just read the rest of the morning.  Rachel and I went over to see the preschoolers some more and had fun playing a game with them for a while after school. At one point, I had four kids hanging off of each hand, which definitely made me feel loved.  There were some older boys (I’m guessing seven? Eight?) who are so cute.  Their names are Elias, Justice, and Dmalye (I’m completely guessing on that last spelling) and they were fascinated by my watch and kept pushing Violet and Peace out of the way so they could push the buttons. 
                We walked with Dee and Sue, and I tried to figure out where I got lost.  I realized I must have gotten lost way earlier in my run than I thought.  Sometime I’m going to have to go on Google Earth and figure out exactly what route I did.   
                There was a problem with the water pump today, so currently we are without water.  Dave, whose birthday is today, spent the day fixing it, only to hear a couple hours later that there is another problem with it.  We have enough drinking water to be fine for a day or so, but the shower situation could get a little iffy.   
Dave and Dee took us and Pastor Hartmann (visiting from Livingstone) out to a pizza dinner and then invited us over for dessert.  Pastor Hartmann pointed out the Southern Cross and Orion’s Belt, so that question has been answered.  We'll do more research on other constellations we can see down here.
I’m going to try to get a few hours of sleep before the WLC game!  They're playing Calvin in the NCAA tournament.  It’s on around 2:30 in the morning my time, and I’m hoping the internet cooperates so I can get at least live stats.  Good luck!  I’ll be cheering!

2 comments:

  1. I have another tip (I'm full of them!). When we lived in Malawi we took bucket baths. It used much less water than a shower (unless it is a super fast shower) and might be a good option when your water is getting low. You just fill a bucket with as much water as you want, put the bucket in your tub or shower. Then use a cup to pour the water over yourself. I bathed like this for two years and felt so clean. That also allowed me to choose exactly how much water to use. You get good at washing hair without a lot of water. You just get it wet with the bare minimum, shampoo, and then carefully rinse it out. Good luck!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, Stephanie, thanks for the tip! Our water came back on in the afternoon and apparently the problem should be fixed, but it's good to have this in the back of my head.

      Delete