Thursday, March 29, 2012

Normal Thursday

            Nothing extraordinary with classes today.  Preschool wasn’t as smooth as last time.  Last time one of the more…energetic kids wasn’t there, and today he graced us with his presence again.  He tends to wind up some of the other kids and makes the whole process a little more hectic for us. 
            On my run this afternoon, some kids started running behind me shouting, “Muzungu!  I’m fine!  I’m fine!”  Kids here learn how to say, “I’m fine, thanks, and how are you?”  Often when passing one of the little kids, I’ll say something like, “Hi Steward!  I like your shirt!” and will hear in response, “I’m fine, thanks, and how are you?”  Anyway, I think they think that phrase means hello.  It’s funny. 
            I spent way too much time looking through this last weekend’s pictures and reliving the experience.  The only downside from our trip is the mosquito bites…our legs are covered with them.  They’re pretty terrible.  My family members probably remember the backpacking trip a few years ago where we were attacked by psycho mosquitoes.  This is comparable to that time.  I’m experimenting with all sorts of anti-itch remedies, including fingernail polish and toothpaste.  We’ll see what works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment