Thursday, May 17, 2012

Travelling to London

            I woke up at 5:30, showered, ate a quick breakfast, and packed up a few things quickly before heading out to the airport.  Everything went smoothly, thankfully.  The flight was uneventful.  There were lots of new movies available (The Vow, New Year’s Eve, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc.) so I watched more movies/TV than I usually do in a two-week period.  I experienced a bit of reverse culture shock when one of the movies showed a person driving in New York City and I wondered why they were on the wrong side of the road. Being in London is strange. The buildings and cars seem so beautiful and clean: again, I think this is another example of reverse culture shock.  I can communicate with everyone so well, too, so I have this feeling of being extremely comfortable and not at all concerned that I’m in a strange city.  We figured out the bus system and got to our hotel.  While this hotel is very nice and clean, it is completely bare bones.  There’s only one bed (which probably means I’m sleeping on the floor), no telephone, no remote control for the teeny little TV, and no shampoo.  That last one is definitely a bummer, especially since we both have fine, blonde hair that does not do well without .  Rachel and I are already staking out which women we are going to try to borrow some from.  Right now we’re sitting in the café/bar area, waiting for some dinner, and enjoying a nature show on Africa.  There’s nothing else very interesting for me to talk about unless I type reviews on all the movies I watched.  I hope tomorrow’s walking tour of London goes well and we enjoy our last little mini travelling adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment