Monday, May 7, 2012

Mundane Monday

            Today was kind of a strange day because the kids were getting ready to go back to school tomorrow.  I think they had meetings today at their schools or something, because none of my kids showed up until right at the end of my morning tutoring session.  Given and Barnabas came – Barnabas explained that he wouldn’t be around tomorrow so he thought he’d come now – and then Daliso with his little brother wandered in for the last five minutes.  It was an unusual group of kids for my Monday mornings, but we made it work.  We read some stories and did some spelling with Bananagrams.
            For English class, we did a lot of work with a map we created.  We worked on buildings and directions.  It was a challenging lesson, but I think the ladies got a lot out of it. 
            My afternoon tutoring session was with just Mirriam – no sight of Shain anywhere.  Mirriam and I read for a while and then did worksheets I created on colors and numbers.  In the afternoon, I read some of my book and then got busy finalizing some things for the rest of the week.  We walked with Dee up to the fruit stand for mangoes, but the man wasn’t selling any today.  We made a delicious dinner of rice, chicken, and vegetables and then continued working on random things for the rest of our time here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment